Monday 5 March 2012

The Velvet Collection

Dolce & Gabbana recently launched The Velvet Collection, six limited edition fragrances each inspired by different parts of Italy relating to the designers heritage.

The fragrances and their inspiration:...
Velvet Sublime - the orange groves of Sicily
Velvet Love - the carnations of Lake Como
Velvet Desire - the Renaissance period
Velvet Vetiver - the Mediterranean summer
Velvet Wood - lacquered wood
Velvet Patchouli - iconic incense 



From Harrods online description of Velvet Love - carnation flowers envelop oriental notes, giving in to an exhilarating rush of ylang ylang and pepper - it sounds like my favourite already without even smelling it! The bottles themselves look beautifully classic and sleek, bearing an engraved golden plate and colour fabric around the lid. 

I came across the collection in last weekend's The Observer magazine and entered a competition to win the whole set worth £720!! If I don't win (which is very likely) I would still love to get my hands on one of these beauties but they are currently priced at £120 each. Hmmm I may need to start saving . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment